Monday, October 19, 2009

Wellness Activity: Sharing Other Blogger's Posts

Sometimes I read posts that truly have an impact on me or I just enjoy them, and I've decided to share a few of them today.

Marja wrote a post about a talk she gave to a suicide loss group, and tears came to my eyes. First, I was touched by her willingness to share her story with this group. Then, I was overcome by a comment of someone who'd attended the event. And finally, my eyes teared again when I read the post Marja wrote about how her experience in speaking to this group had made her feel even closer to her husband. I hope that sometime I will be strong enough to share my own story in a similar setting.

Danielle wrote a post called Disconnected where she said she "never experienced the feelings/things that other people wrapped their lives around." And I felt she was writing about me. I had so many jobs where I worked with people with whom I had no values, hopes, or dreams in common. For many years, I had so many so-called friends with whom I shared nothing I truly cared about. Yet, in the past two years I realize I have written about things that truly matter to me, and have received comments that suggest they truly matter to you as well. And, that's quite extraordinary.

Also, I so enjoyed Tamara's poem, I Am Complete, Howard's essay, Bennett's First Birthday, and David's essay (and photos), The Moors Above Haworth. Sallyo wrote a nice piece about how she copes with her husband David's bipolarity. Wendy wrote an interesting essay about trying to find a writing critique partner. And KJ's witty essay about her mammogram made me laugh!

I hope you share my enjoyment of other blogger's posts!

20 comments:

KJ said...

Thanks for sharing these! It is fun to read the ideas an experiences of others.

Wellness Writer said...

Dear KJ,
It is fun to read these, isn't it?

Susan

iHanna said...

Indeed, sharing is one of the greatest joys of blogging I think. I have a special page where I save good links to articles/blog posts that I think everyone should read and benefit from: http://www.ihanna.nu/blog/?page_id=244

take care!

Wellness Writer said...

Dear iHanna,
So glad to hear from you. I've checked out your blog any number of times, and it seemed as if you're not writing it anymore. Is that the case?

Susan

marja said...

Hi Susan,

Thank you for linking to my blog here. So good to know that post touched you.

Love,
marja

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Marja,
You're welcome. I had meant to link to it last week and forgot. I guess it was a senior moment!

Susan

Writing Works said...

I find the insight I get from others - real life stuff - inspires, challenges, and enlighens me in a different way because it's real people with real things going on.

Reading blogs certainly is an encouragement.

Howard said...

Thanks for the shout, Susan! Hope you're feeling well. Go, Angels!

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Writing Works,
I couldn't agree more! Thanks for letting us know.

Susan

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Howard,
You're welcome! Actually, I think the Angels may have a chance at the World Series, which is kind of exciting!

Susan

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Susan,

Thanks for linking to me. That was so sweet of you! It was also fun to check out the posts of some bloggers that I didn't know.

Warmly,
Tamara

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Tamara,
You're welcome, and it's always nice to find new bloggers we don't know about. In fact, you might want to check out Too Damn Havisham (whose link I just added) because she teaches online fiction writing.

Susan

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Thanks, Susan. I got Havisham's link and will check out her site. ;-)

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Tamara,
Although I just found her (or, rather she found me), I really like her writing for her blog. It's cleverly written, short, and to the point! And, she's one of those rare writers who doesn't include any extra words.

Susan

Danielle said...

Thanks so much for the mention!!! I have always felt a "connection" with you ;)

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Danielle,
You're welcome! And I have always felt a connection with you as well!

Susan

David said...

Hey, Susan,

I keep stopping by but I just saw your kind comment about my essay 'The Moors Above Haworth.'

Many, many thanks.

David

Wellness Writer said...

You're welcome David!

University said...

We love your blog postings, so well add your rss or news feed for them, Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and well link to you. Thanks Jen College Jobs.

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Jen,
Thank you! I went to your blog and only saw one post, which was the one you wrote here as a comment.

Unfortunately, I don't link to blogs where there isn't a steady stream of posts that I find helpful. But, when you begin posting on a regular basis, please let me know.

Susan