Friday, September 11, 2009

Wellness Actitivity: Using the Right Side of My Brain (Part 3)

This is the final post of photographs for this week. As I stated in parts 1 and 2 of this series, for the last few weeks I've felt tired and rather than taking a few days off from blogging, I decided to brainswitch by posting photographs rather than writing.

Today's photograph is from Joel Meyerowitz, a New York photographer who was born in 1938. I've seen a few of his books and really like his work. Just looking at this photograph made me feel better! I felt like if I could just dive into this pool I'd feel rejuvenated! See you on Monday!

The Elements: Air/Water 1, 2007
Courtesy Edwynn Houk Gallery, New York

P.S. On the eighth anniversary of the September 11 attacks, my heart goes out to those who died, and to their families and loved ones who mourn them.



6 comments:

Tamara (TC) said...

Oh, my gosh! I love the pool photo, too. There is something almost joyful about it. Maybe it is the color of the water. I agree with you that sometimes when I am tired and rest doesn't do the trick, what I really need is to stop being so left-brained for awhile. I am glad that you took a few days to post the photos. They were fun to look at and it was good to know that you were honoring your creative side.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Tamara

marja said...

What a wonderful picture of the swimmer, Susan. I've never heard of that photographer before. It gives me some very good feelings as well. Isn't it a gift to us when an artist can do that?

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Tamara,
I felt the joy as well. And, you're right, sometimes it is a relief to stop thinking so much, and delight in other senses. Hope you have a lovely weekend too.

Susan

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Marja,
He has a house in Tuscany, and shot an entire book about the region, which is so lovely. And yes, it is a gift when an artist can make us feel so good, isn't it?

Susan

Paul Bright said...

I'm also a military veteran who was serving during 9/11. That brought a fierce reality to my service. I wasn't in for the college money anymore. Me and many others decided that day that we owe our country to serve; the country doesn't owe us. I'm out now, but I've dedicated my life to help those who still serve via counseling as I pursue my MFT. Thanks for paying tribute!

Paul Bright
bipolarlovedones.com

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Paul,
And thank you for you service to our country. My father and his three brothers served during WWII, and I appreciate those who protect our freedom and democracy!

Susan
P.S. That's great that you're pursuing a degree where you can help others!