Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wellness Activity: Looking at Photographs


In anticipation of my digital photography class each week, I look at photographs taken my some of my favorite photographers. The preceding photographs were taken by Ansel Adams. Here are some of his quotes as well.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."

"All I can do in my writing is to stimulate a certain amount of thought, clarify some technical facts and date my work. But when I preach sharpness, brilliancy, scale, etc., I am just mouthing words, because no words can really describe those terms and qualities it takes the actual print to say, 'here it is.'"

4 comments:

pandalopes said...

I've been lurking your blog for awhile, but wanted to come out of the shadows for this one as a former photography major. :) Good luck with your DP class and here's hoping it becomes one of the many tools you can have at your disposal for therapy.

Wellness Writer said...

Dear pandalopes:
Welcome to my blog, and glad you've stopped lurking:-)! The photography class is great although it's a real learning curve for me. But, I believe it enables me to switch from a left-brain to a right-brain orientation, which is very relaxing.

Susan

Mariposa said...

Wow! I love photography and is so excited to your work soon... ;)

P.S.

Susan I plan of publising a book featuring my haiku and I need some inputs from you... ;)

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Mariposa,
My photography work needs "work." But we can talk about your haiku offline.

Susan