Friday, June 19, 2009

Quotes on Motivation

At the end of a very busy week...one last post that I published a few years ago. Next week, hopefully I'll have time to write new material. Also, this is a bit of a celebration since today you have viewed more than 100,000 pages of my blog. Thank you one and all!

* * *
I was looking for some quotes on motivation and found three that I loved from a woman I'd never heard of, but genuinely like. Her name is Mary Anne Radmacher. She's a writer and artist, and her enthusiasm and joi di vivre made my day!

“Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.”

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

“The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be...because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap!”

Have a good weekend! See you on Monday.

10 comments:

sallyo said...

Great quotes! I especially like the one about courage. It's so true.
Sally

Paula Joy said...

Great quotes! I especially love mthe "Live with intention" which means to purpose what you do. That's one of the things I've been hearing lately. Must be a good idea!!

Wellness Writer said...

Dear sallyo,
I agree, and having read your blog, I believe you have a lot of courage!

Susan

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Paula Joy,
Yes, it is good advice, isn't it?

Susan

Jaleesa said...

Great quotes! The one about Courage is awesome.

Wellness Writer said...

Jalessa,
Glad you liked them!

Susan

jessica said...

i’m an associate of mary anne radmacher’s and saw you’ve enjoyed her quote, “courage doesn't always roar.” i know mary anne is so happy when people find inspiration from her words in the context of their daily lives. for more work from mary anne’s hand visit her website maryanneradmacher.com. mary anne has written several books and shares her work in many forms including conferences and classes. If you’d like more information feel free to e-mail me at jessicaformaryanneradmacher@gmail.com. thanks for sharing her words!

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Jessica,
Thanks for your comment, but I did link to Ms. Radmacher's site in my post.

Susan

sallyo said...

Thank you, Susan. I appreciate the compliment.

Wellness Writer said...

Dear sallyo,
You're welcome!

Susan