Monday, May 18, 2009

Visual Relaxation Therapy

I had a very busy, but fun weekend. And today is going to be a busy day as well. So, rather than posting, I'm just going to share a few pleasurable images. But, before I do, I want to thank everyone who responded to my "prayer circle" post. I think it's a wonderful sign that we can pray or send positive thoughts to someone whether we're feeling well or ill ourselves. And I thank each and every one of you!

Japanese Footbridge, 1987, Claude Monet

The Sisters, 1885, Mary Cassatt

Brook Among Rocks, John Singer Sargent

Nichols Canyon, David Hockney

8 comments:

Periwinkle said...

Hi Susan,

I posted some pictures for G, to lift her spirits up. Please let her know.
Periwinkle

Mariposa said...

I love Monet's work...and I bought some replicas of his work!

Wish you a great week...

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Periwinkle,
How extraordinarily sweet of you! I'm not sure if Gianna's responding to emails this week, but I think she may be reading my blog. If so, she'll know or you can leave a comment on her blog and let her know. Either way, I'm very touched by your thoughtfulness.

Susan

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Mariposa,
I love his work as well. Now that I'm interested in gardens, I can't believe what he accomplished at Giverny.

Susan

Toria/Deb said...

Those are beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Toria/Deb,
You're welcome. I'm glad you like them.

Susan

Wendy Love said...

Susan,
I loved all of the pictures, but particularly the last one as I am partial to folk art!
Wendy Love

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Wendy,
Now that you mention it, this particular Hockney does look like folk art although he's a trained artist.

What I love about his work is his use of color. I'm also a fan of his portraits, and many years ago, there was a big show of his portraits at the Los Angeles County Art Museum.

Susan