Friday, November 14, 2008

Depression Quotes

Because I'm feeling under the weather, I've decided to provide some depression quotes, most of which I found on Depression Recovery Life. Have a happy weekend. See you on Monday.

"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
~Albert Camus

"It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

"Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain."
~Khalil Gibran

"When women are depressed they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a different way of feeling."
~Elayne Boosler

12 comments:

Lilithas said...

I loved the Eleanor Roosevelt one. And the Elayne Boosler one was simply amusing.

You'll feel better soon. It's all mind over matter. Here's hoping for your speedy recovery. :)

Mariposa said...

And I add to that lovely this;

Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.

Hope you get your center again soon!

Thanks for love link...

susan said...

Lovely, Susan

Happy Sabbath to you and your family.

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Lilithas,
Welcome to my blog. Yes, I liked the Eleanor Roosevelt quote as well. And Elayne Boosler is very funny.

And this, too, will pass! Thanks.

Susan

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Mariposa,
That is a lovely quote. Thanks for adding to the list! And you're welcome for the link. Hope you and the IT guy have a super weekend!

Susan

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Susan,
Thank you!

Susan

Immi said...

Love the Boosler one. I got a great laugh out of it. The others more "useful" to me maybe, but Boosler, more laughter.

Wellness Writer said...

Dear Immi,
Laughter's good, isn't it?

Susan

P.J. said...

Being the optimist that I am, I am forever lighting that candle in the darkness. No matter how tough things are, there's always a "bright side".

Hope you feel well soon.

Wellness Writer said...

Dear PJ,
I am too. Thanks.

Susan

discoverandrecover said...

Susan,

Thank you for these wonderful quotes....

One I like (having worked with blind people for many years) -

“Keep your face to the sunshine, and you will not see the shadows.”

- Helen Keller

Duane

Wellness Writer said...

Duane,
Thanks for sharing. It's a lovely quote.

Susan