Thursday, June 12, 2008

Quotes to Make You Smile

The last few days have been quite busy, and I'm pooped. Also, I was saddened to hear that Jena from Every Moment Matters is entering the hospital today. I'm not sure if she'll have access to a computer, but I hope everyone will wish her well!

When I feel depleted, I post quotes that I feel are uplifting or make me smile. Today's quotes make me smile. And since I realized that I've mostly been quoting men, the following quotes are all by women."

"When women are depressed, they go out and eat and shop. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."
Elayne Boosler

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."
Maya Angelou

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."
Simone de Beauvoir

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I have not a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"
Erma Bombeck

Jena--this one's for you...
"Hope is a thing with feathers/That perches in the soul/And sings the toon without words/And never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson

10 comments:

Jazz said...

These are wonderful, Susan. I have always loved the one by Emily Dickinson, about hope being a thing with feathers.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Jazz,
I liked these too!

Susan

Bradley said...

Having always been a fan of Erma Bombeck, I love her quote. I have no doubt that's exactly what happened.

I miss her.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Bradley,
I miss her too. She was so full of life, and so very funny--a winning combination!

Susan

Syd said...

Awesome quotes. The one by Erma Bombeck is my favorite. Wouldn't that be an awesome life testimony!

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Yes, Syd, I think so too.

P.J. said...

Since the first time I read the Erma Bombeck quote, I have loved it.

I am praying for Jena. I talked to her last night. Thanks for posting about her.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear PJ,
Actually the Erma Bombeck quote was new to me from last night, and it made my night and day.

I'm glad to hear that you've talked to Jena. If you talk to her again, give her my love!

Susan

Nancie said...

Susan,

Thanks for posting these encouraging quotes. I love the one by Erma Bombeck too. I am also praying for Jena.

Hope you have a wonderful weekends.

Nancie

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear Nancie,
The Erma Bombeck quote was sure a favorite. I'm sure that deep in her soul, Jena knows that a lot of people from all over the globe are sending their love.

Susan