Friday, May 16, 2008

Other Bipolar Voices

I plan to conclude my series on bipolar medication next week, and then launch into another series on my experiences with alternative and complementary medicine. In the meantime, I'll be out of town on Saturday and Sunday, so while I'll try to moderate and respond to comments, there may be a time-gap between when you leave comments and when I respond.

But, there are other bloggers who are writing about their own experiences with medications, or are explaining why they believe they became ill, and how they're trying to become well. I just read a very interesting piece by Jazz about the relationship of aspartame (it's in diet drinks) and her onset of bipolar disorder. Last February, Gianna wrote a piece called Undiagnosing Myself on the genesis of her illness. Naturalgal has written Who Told You That You Needed a Psychiatrist?, and I'm sure there are more.

If you've written something on this topic, let us know. I've got dozens of errands to complete today so I'm out and about, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can, and try to include your post on this page.

Hope everyone has a Wellness Weekend!

P.S. Two people have written to say they've sent comments but I haven't posted them. But I never got them. So...if that's happened to you, try sending it again. This has never happened before so I'm not sure how to fix it.

Susan
P.S. Don't miss my earlier post on Medication-Induced Mania. I know it's rare for me to post twice in one day, but I think this is such an important topic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

Has anyone tried Pfiefer Treatment Center out of IL? They are an alternative treatment center for the mentally ill. I have mixed cycles and medications have not worked. I get the one in one million side effects. I am trying other alternative methods under my doctors care. He has asked me to find materials for his patients. I have my masters degree and hope to return full time to work someday.
Any ideas
J

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear Julie,
I don't know anything about the Pfiefer Treatment Center. Perhaps one of my readers does. I deleted the two other comments that were from you on the same topic. I no longer accept anonymous comments.

Susan