Friday, April 25, 2008

Inspirational Quotes

Thanks to everyone who commented this week. It's been a lively discussion on some important topics. I thought I'd end the week with a few quotes that make me think, smile, or inspire me.

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, "It might have been."
~John Greenleaf Whittier

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget about everything except what you're going to do now, and do it."
~Will Durant

"I have made it a rule of my life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy...you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in."
~Katherine Mansfield

"I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams."
~Dr. Jonas Salk

6 comments:

Duane Sherry said...

What great quotes!

You are the best Susan.
The very best.

Duane

marja said...

"I have made it a rule of my life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy...you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in."
~Katherine Mansfield

You know, I think I disagree a little with the above. It's okay to look back every once in a while so that you can appreciated how far you've come. When I look back at where I've been and what I endured in the past I just feel very thankful. And it's good to have something to be thankful about:)

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear Duane,
Thanks! So are you!

Susan

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear Marja,
I can certainly understand your point of view.

I picked this specific quote because it is so much the opposite of who I am.

In my case, since it took 25 years to get a diagnosis, I spent years looking back, pondering the past, and wondering "what went wrong?" I hoped that if only I could gain enough insight, I could get better. But,it didn't help.

A part of me wishes I could have been more like Katherine Mansfield. My life would have been so much easier.

Susan

Nancie said...

Dear Susan,

I like best the quote:

"I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams."

Thanks for sharing these quotes with us. Take care. Hope you have a great weekends!

Nancie

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear Nancie,
I like that quote best as well! Have a great weekend yourself!

Susan