Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bipolar Treatment Travesty

In this blog, I try and concentrate on wellness. I've always said there are enough negative blogs on bipolar disorder out there and the world doesn't need another one. But today, I finally decided to start a blog that will list all the negative aspects about the treatment of bipolar disorder. It's not meant for the faint of heart and I'm not recommending that you read it. However, the message needs to be heard.

As far as I'm concerned, the treatment for bipolar disorder is an international travesty. And it's time for me to speak out.

My book, Bipolar Depression Unplugged: A Survivor Speaks Out will be published as a softcover book in a few months. It's a memoir of my personal experiences with this illness. While I feel that the only hope is wellness programs, I don't think that they can possibly be a reality without accumulating facts and figures about the way bipolar disorder is currently being treated.

2 comments:

Pistol Pete said...

Sounds like a great book. I hope it is well received.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Thanks Pistol Pete. Me too!