Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rapid Cycling

Rapid cycling sucks. When I awakened this morning, I was sure my depression had lifted once and for all. It felt like a piece of gauze had been unwrapped from my brain and all the joyful, loving, and happy cells that had been smothered and suffocated from lack of air were tingling with renewed energy as if trying to replenish themselves.

My lungs felt like they'd been released from sausage casings and I could breathe again without restriction. And the bindings on my heart were dissolving--allowing my veins and arteries to replenish my system with healthy fresh nutrients.

I had a very productive morning. Then I took my son to the doctor and out to lunch. By the time I returned home, I was right back in the abyss. What a horrible illness this is!

6 comments:

Deb said...

I can only imagine how hard this is to move through. Your writing has a way of making the reader feel your experience.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear Dr. Deb,
Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it!

Susan

marja said...

Maybe you did too much this morning? When I was getting over my last episode I had to limit what I did. The trick seems to be to be active but not too active. To relax, but not to relax too much. It's like walking a tightrope.

You can do that, can't you, Susan? :>)

Praying that you'll soon overcome and be the good ol' Susan again. Love - marja

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Marja,
I'm answering your comment in today's post!

Susan

Cathugga said...

Hi.
Would You Mind Explaining Rapid Cycling More To Me, Because I Have Bipolar MySelf [ Lucky Enough To Be Diagnosed At 13] And I Really Want To UnderStand BiPolar a Whole Lot More...
Thank You For Taking The Time Ti Read This . Have a nice Day :)

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Dear Cathugga,
While I appreciate your interest in learning more about bipolar disorder, because you're only 13, and I'm not a doctor, I don't feel comfortable giving you information that you should really ask your parents or your doctor about.

There do seem to be a number of sites that are geared to bipolar teens. But the best place to start is by talking with your parents or having your doctor recommend books or bipolar sites for teens.

Best of luck!