Sunday, September 30, 2007

Healing Food

I'd like to thank Sydney, Marja, JayPeeFreely, and Tery for their thoughtful comments during my absence.

While I had hoped to spend my week doing fun things, writing, and renewing myself, I had the flu for three days and I'm just beginning to feel better. For me, physical illness is just an inconvenience. Still, I was feeling so lousy that my only pleasure was eating.

I assume that everyone has healing food items that work for them. In my case, it's matzo ball soup, although I must admit that the matzo balls are more important than the type of soup they're in. I like them in everything. Last night, I had them in potato leek soup and earlier in the week I ate them in Sapporo Ichiban.

So, what you you eat when you're sick?

6 comments:

Syd said...

Usually when I'm physically sick, I don't feel like eating anything, but if I must, it's usually won ton soup and shrimp fried rice.

When I'm depressed, there's nothing better than warm blackberry cobbler topped with Breyer's Vanilla Ice Cream (No Sugar Added, of course!) LOL

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's good to have you back.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Oh my gosh! Won ton soup is my very favorite!

When I'm depressed, my favorite foods are Hostess Twinkies and Cupcakes, creamed spinach, macaroni and cheese, 7-Up, and Fritos.

Obviously, your "depressed tastebuds" are more discerning than mine!

Pat said...

One of the reasons I don't enjoy eating when I'm sick is because I can't taste the food I eat very well.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Pat,
That's an interesting observation. I wonder if other people have had a similar experience.

Susan

Yolanda said...

That won ton soup sounds like a good healing food.
I usually don't eat when I'm depressed, but macaroni and cheese makes a good exception.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Yolanda,
I sure agree about macaroni and cheese!

Susan