Friday, August 3, 2007

Thanking God

My son had all four wisdom teeth taken out today. He's fine. It went really well. I'm posting the prayer I wrote in my diary to God. I'm very tired although I feel fine. I won't be online again until Monday--except to approve comments. Have a good weekend!

Dear God,
I'm so thankful that Alex's oral surgery went well. We scheduled it at the right time, three of his four teeth hadn't yet attached to his jaw, and the oral surgeon said it was "a piece of cake." Ordinarily, I'm not sure I would write you a thank you note for this although I'm so very grateful.

But, as I lay down to take a nap, I realized how lucky I feel. A few years ago, it would have been difficult for me to have committed to an appointment in advance (Bernie would have had to take Alex if I didn't feel well.) Also, I couldn't have been able to accept a morning appointment (which was available at the last minute) because even on the "good" days, I couldn't awaken early because I was taking far too many sleeping pills (although they were prescribed and I wasn't aware it was a problem).

While I've always been good in the clinches, there were so many years when I felt so awful that I truly had to "push myself" to do the things I had always considered no-brainers. I just can't tell you how happy I am that I feel so well so much of the time. It's like I'm back to the person I was--so many years ago--only better! (But that's another story.)

Anyway, from the bottom on my heart, I want to thank you for protecting Alex and for allowing me to take care of him. It was truly a blessing!

Love,

Susan

3 comments:

Syd said...

Hi Susan,

I'm so glad that things went well - for Alex and for you. It's wonderful that you're feeling so much better these days. God really is good! Enjoy your weekend "off".

Sydney

marja said...

I'm glad you're feeling so well and so grateful. Expressing gratitude is such a healthy thing - such a joyous exercise. Don't know if you feel the way I do when you give thanks - when I thank God, it's like my inner being is dancing.

Howard said...

Susan,

So happy things went well. When my kids have to go through anything related to illness, I cringe. Your prayer reminded me of many times I've seen God's faithfulness in our lives as well.

Hope you're well.

Howard