Sunday, July 1, 2007

Bipolar Writers and Friends

Today, I had intended to post a review of Howard Freeman's (better known on these pages as dootz from SurfCountry) new book, Lullabye: Memories, Madness, and Midnight Snacks. But, while I've written about half of it, I had some family issues this weekend and won't have it for another few days. Still, I do want to recommend his book. He's a talented essayist and you can buy a copy of it at Amazon.com.

This week or next, I also plan on writing a review of Marja Bergen's book, Riding the Roller Coaster: Living with Mood Disorders. While I've just read a few chapters, from when I've read so far, this is one of the only positive books I've ever read on mood disorder. And Marja is not only a talented writer but as you can see from her site, Roller Coaster, a wonderful photographer and artist.

One of the very best things about writing this blog has been the relationships I've developed. After so many years of feeling so alone with this illness, I now have a small group of people with whom I can discuss my symptoms but who have also become good friends (you know who you are).

And how wonderful is it to not only like people and find soul mates but also feel that they're such talented writers and artists? Quite honestly, for me, it doesn't get much better than this.

So, to Howard, Marja, Sydney, Jinnah, Jason, Staggo, and so many more, I thank you for being a part of my life. It's truly a pleasure!

No comments: