Monday, June 25, 2007

Humorous Quotes

I'm in the throes of finishing my writing assignment, which is on motherhood, and I don't have the energy or stamina to post something thoughtful. So I thought I'd post a few quotes that made me smile.

"I think my life began with waking up and loving my mother's face."
~ George Eliot

"Take motherhood: nobody ever thought of putting it on a moral pedestal until some brash feminists pointed out, about a century ago, that the pay is lousy and the career ladder nonexistent." ~ Barbara Ehrenreich

"Few misfortunes can befall a boy which bring worse consequences than to have a really affectionate mother." ~W. Somerset Maugham

"A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother." ~ Unknown

"I take a very practical view of raising children. I put a sign in each of their rooms: ''Checkout Time is 18 years.'' ~ Erma Bombeck

No comments: