Saturday, June 23, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

Almost a month ago, dootz from SurfCountry nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award. Quite honestly, I wasn't really sure what it meant--and I'm still not sure--but I was pleased nonetheless. Evidently, in order to participate, I have to do the following:

1. Cite the post that he gave me this award for, which you can read here. (Actually I need to check with dootz about this, so I'll get back to you on this.)

2. I am supposed to refer you back to the original post of the person who created the award, which is here.

3. And then I am supposed to cite five blogs that make me think. So, the five blogs I'm nominating for the Thinking Blogger Award are:

  • Roller Coaster (I've also mentioned Marja's blog many times and her strength, aside from writing and painting, is her concentration on faith-based mental health)
  • One Year of Writing and Healing (this is a wonderful blog by a Diane Morrow, a physician and writer who provides a wealth of information on writing and healing)
  • Gay Bipolar Guy (his artwork is super and sometimes he'll surprise you with his sensitive writing and thoughtful selections of poetry); and
  • Tips For New Bloggers (if you need to think about how to improve your blogger blog, this is the site to go to).
For the people I've nominated, all you have to do is follow my lead. You can download the Thinking Blogger icon, note that I've recommended you in today's post, and recommend five other blogs.

I'm not sure what all this means but perhaps someone else who's been nominated can let us know.

4 comments:

Syd said...

Thank you, Susan. I am honored.

I never cease to be amazed at how much I get back from participating in the blogging community. Information, perspective, humor, compassion, empathy, enlightenment, comfort ... this is what it's all about. In our own small ways, in the vast expanse of the internet, we're actually making a difference in other's lives and in ours as well. Keep up the great work!

GAY BIPOLAR GUY said...

Well, I think you earned the right to be considered a Thinking Blog. You deserve the recognition.

Polly said...

I actually nominated you for the Thinking Blogger thing a while back, but I don't think you were reading my blog then. It was just after I started reading yours. I don't remember exactly when that was.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Thanks Syd and Staggo. Polly, now that you mention it, I vaguely remember it. I think I had recently start blogging and everything was so new to me.

I guess the problem was that I had no idea what it meant or that there was anything I was supposed to so about it. I hope this isn't a problem and I do thank you!

Susan