Monday, June 11, 2007

On A Positive Note

(I was seeking a graphic of a woman rushing around but since I couldn't find it, I went to Stamps USA and found a Ken Brown stamp entitled "Woman Moving Maytag." For some reason, it ticked my fancy. I also liked "Pencilhead.")

I'm rushing around today because it's not only my son's birthday but I've got a huge writing assignment to complete by Wednesday. So...I don't have the time or energy to write a lengthy post. Instread, I'd like to include some info that was sent to me by James, a new reader from Australia. It's the first positive thing I've read about this illness in a long time.

"There is a wonderful book called A Lifelong Journey: Staying Well With Manic Depression/Bipolar Disorder. I have found it immensely helpful, especially because medicines only seem to do so much.

The author Sarah Russell also wrote a journal article which forms the basis of the book. It can be downloaded for free from http://www.researchmatters.net/publications.html."

All the very best,
James

He followed up with the next post:

"I just remembered another resource from the Black Dog Institute in Sydney. The link is:
http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/bipolar/bep/index.cfm.

Sarah Russell is one of the speakers and her presentation is about 10 minutes long. You can listen to it online. I was lucky enough to take part in the pilot of this programme which was excellent, and I would recommend any of the other speakers as well."

Best regards,
James

Thanks James. FYI...I've ordered the book on Amazon. I'll let everyone know what I think.

1 comment:

JayPeeFreely said...

Stop by for the installment of Not Always.

Do you struggle with assignments, or do they come naturally?

I just wonder - being I have never been on an assignment.