Friday, June 29, 2007

Gone Fishing

I wish I really was fishing like Marja and her husband. But instead, I'm fishing in my mind. I need to take off a few days to finish my manuscript and rest.

I'm offline until Monday. I won't be blogging or reading other blogs as well. I need to write and spend the rest of my time outdoors.

As you know, for the last few weeks, I'm been somewhat hypomanic and although I've controlled my behavior so that there aren't any obvious symptoms, I'm exhausted nonetheless.

The good news is that it's amazing how much I can accomplish during a hypomania. I wonder how many other people tend to "clean" when they have a lot of energy. I don't just mean straightening up the house. Rather, I mean going through closets and storage and doing major cleaning.

Thus far I've filled the trunk of my mini-van twice and am carting stuff away to the Salvation Army.

I also wonder how many people change their diet during hypomanias. Sometimes, I have this tremendous need for "red meat." But other times, I tend to move toward carbohydrates and fruit and vegetables.

Usually, during a hypomania, I crave protein--and seem to eat a lot of meat, cheese, and eggs. But now I'm in my phase where I eat granola for breakfast, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, and only want meat for dinner.

Maybe there's a seasonal element but I'm not sure. Anyway, I wish you all the best and will be back on Monday.

3 comments:

BiPolar Guy said...

Yeah, I love cleaning when I'm Up.

I've also found that if I can force myself to clean somewhere when I am Down, it usually picks me up a little.

Daryl Darko said...

i can barely comment about this because my reality is that, i've been down so long now that the best way to clean my place would be to burn it down. sorry, not doing well today.

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Look like the comments from bipolar guy and daryl darko are the opposite sides of the bipolar spectrum.

Sorry to hear it Daryl. Sending good vibes from La La Land.

Susan