Sunday, March 25, 2007

Walking Away The Blues

I've just ordered Walk Your Blues Away: How to Heal Your Mind and Create Well-Being by Thom Hartmann. In the book's description, they write "Case studies have shown dramatic results. Walking consciously, while holding a distress or desire in mind, can rapidly dissolve the rigidity of a traumatic memory or negative mind state, dispersing its unpleasant associations in as little as a half hour’s time. While walking has always been a natural part of life, its importance in promoting and maintaining mental health is only recently being rediscovered. Hartman’s simple yet potent exercises allow us to create our own walking journeys to restore our mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being as well as rejuvenate our body’s health."

I truly think he's on to something. Can't wait to read more!

3 comments:

Syd said...

Susan,

Did you ever read this book? If so, what did you think of it? Is it worth ordering? I really do need to start exercising more and walking and salsa dancing (alone in the privacy of my own home) are about the only 2 options that I'm likely to stick with.

Rob Johnson said...

Susan,

Did you find "Walking Away The Blues" by Thom Hartmann helpful? Was there anything about it that you didn't find helpful?

Thanks,

Rob

Bipolar Wellness Writer said...

Rob,
When I read the whole thing, I decided it was a waste of money. He's not saying anything I haven't read elsewhere, and all the information is available online for free.

Susan